Friday, July 29

To Happen or Not to Happen

I have been very good about not being a bridezilla.  However.  This is the random-thought list of things I'd like to happen or not happen on my wedding day:

No one trips while walking down the aisle.  My 12 year old sister is very concerned over this, and now I am too.

I look as pretty as every. single. stinkin'. bride. on Arden, our photographer's, blog.  I haven't discerned yet whether every bride looks ravishing on their wedding day, if it's just Arden's crazy photography skills, or excellent hair and makeup people, but as long as it's mostly the first or second reason, I'm solid.

Bobby does not smush cake in my face.

The ceremony music goes off without a hitch.

The pre-ceremony guest seating music is as impressive as I think it will be.  I'm using eight tracks from the Royal Wedding album, and they are particularly... royal.  Combine that with the tall ceiling and stain-glass windows, and I'm thinking it's a homerun.

The cake shows up perfect, the food tastes lovely, the chairs and tables are all set up, and the eating part of the reception goes as smoothly as planned.

Minus the blue, with square tiers, and you get the idea.

 I somehow lose all my self-consciousness about my smile or at least do not think about it too much while taking pictures.  The closer we get to the wedding, the more I think about it and the more I hope that I'll be happy with my pictures despite my life-long self-esteem issues with such.

Bobby and I get through our vows without bursting into tears or laughter.

I do not pass out from nerves in the foyer.

Everyone likes my reception music as much as I do.  I've spent more time on that than almost anything except my attire, and I really hope people dance and love it.

I actually get sleep the night before.

Bobby is not stressed and is the happy, Joe Cool I remember before we started this madness and get to see every once in a while.

My dad makes it through the day without needing an IV to replace fluids lost by tears.

Someone besides my 17-year-old sister catches the bouquet.

There is photographic evidence of my 12-year-old sister sticking her tongue out like Gene Simmons.  Seriously, her school principal sticks his tongue out at her to get her to do the same.
There are bridal shower pictures, and then there are bridal shower pictures.

Everyone loves my scrapbook. (Which, they should.)

My family... behaves themselves, and remembers that it is my wedding.

My cousin and step-sister, who will both be eight months pregnant, do not go into labor.  Lord, if I may have one medically-related prayer on this day, let it be this one.

No one spikes the punch.

My soon-to-be sister-in-law isn't frightened away by all the crazy women that will swarm her.

Last but not least, if any bad thing happens, I am unaware of it until after returning safely from the honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment