Wednesday, March 23

The Last Movie Star: Long Live Elizabeth Taylor

I can't help it.  I have to.





Leslie: Please, don't mind me. Do go on.  I'll listen, quiet as a little old mouse.

Bick: You'd be bored, honey.  This is dull.

Leslie: Why, l'd be fascinated.

Bick: We're talking about politics.

Leslie: You married me in Washington, remember, darling?  l lived next door to politics. Brought up with it.  Please go on talking. l'd love it.

Bick: This is men's stuff.

Judge: Leslie, how about a cup of coffee or a drink?

Leslie: Men's stuff!  Lord have mercy!  Set up my spinning wheel, girls.  I'll join the harem section in a minute.

Judge: Don't you go worrying your pretty little head about politics.

Bick: You mean my pretty, empty head, don't you, Judge?

Another man: Could l get the coffee for you?

Leslie: You, too, Uncle Brutus?

Bick: You don't feel well, Leslie.

Leslie: I feel just great!  My adrenaline glands are pumping beautifully.  If l may say so before retiring...
You gentlemen date back 1000 years.  You ought to be wearing leopard skins and carrying clubs.  Politics!  Business!

-Giant


“I swear to GOD George, if you even EXISTED, I’d divorce you.”
-Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?


"My mother says I didn't open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."

"I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage."





To a woman who graced us with violet eyes, stood up for those who couldn't, remained loyal to friends, gave us movies worth cheering over, battled addiction, raised children, gave generously, married all the men she slept with, lived to squeeze out every bit of passion she could muster, and, in general, just made this world a more interesting, scandalous, and humanitarian place, we'll miss you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment